Saturday, August 4, 2007

This will get a title later.

I'm sitting here in Florida after a week on the road with Kevin. It was a great trip, I could live in a camper driving all over the country and be quite content for the rest of my life. That's why I need to start getting paid to either write, or take pictures. Something I can do anywhere.

Charlie Company 1st Platoon, OCC 195 is graduating at the end of this week. I am full of happiness for all the graduates, but sadness for myself. I know I'm missing out on something and I don't know if I'll ever get it back. I'm not sure I ever want to get it back. In the abstract I want to be a Marine. Face to face, I'm not so sure. I don't think I want to be that hard. I don't want to fight every step of the way for the rest of my life. But it is a beautiful life. Beautiful like driving through an empty desert. It's solitary and hard, sometimes excpetionally hot and then freezing cold within a matter of hours. Only the toughest learn to survive there, and there is honor in that. You get pride, the kind of pride that those who haven't experienced don't understand and never will.


Now I'm hungry and have tasks to accomplish.


Vote Obama.

No comments: