Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Roller Coaster, Baby Baby!

Mine plans keep on changing. Kevin seems impressed by my flexibility. I don't know if it's flexibility, or the fact that I'm constantly looking for something new. Always a new adventure, some new life experience I can learn from.

What's not so different is my new full-time job: back at Marbella. Before you judge me, just know I'm only there because it's convenient, idiot-proof, and they agreed to pay me a ridiculous hourly wage. Really, it's obscene that a nonunion cashier is making this much money. Speed turned me onto the local YMCA gym facilities, so to afford that I will also be working there two nights a week. I'll be busy, but at least I won't have to stress so much about money.

I won't be doing the once a week class at San Marcos, but I'll be able to start there full time in the Spring. That worked itself out beautifully.

The Karate Kid is such a good movie. Elisabeth Shue manages to look exactly the same at 40 as she did at 17. That in and of itself makes it great. It makes me miss thinking hanging out at a penny arcade is cool. To be so easily, and cheaply, amused. It seems like when your options are limited, you can manage to find really great ways to have fun. Necessity is indeed the mother of invention.

Rob Macchio looks like a terrible kisser.

No comments: